El Virazón | Jeanneau
Sun Odyssey 29.2 (Authorization 365/2020)
Enjoy a holiday aboard El Virazon which is anchored in the waters of the Mar Menor during the winter months. In May we sail to Ibiza and Formentera and spend the whole summer season moored in the Ibiza Marina (May to October).
The sailing ship is 9 meters in length. It contains two cabins, a living room and a bathroom. It has the capacity to sleep 4 people comfortably, 5 with slightly less room, and your host, Carmen. 7 people can travel comfortably, if they are not staying on the boat overnight.
Virazon Charter in Ibiza gives you the chance to sleep in the Port of Ibiza so you can enjoy the restaurants and the ambiance of the city, and also to sleep aboard and visit the coves of Fomentera.
El Virazon is also a school where you can take beginners sailing lessons and perfect your sailing.
Rest assured, your host Carmen has all the professional qualifications required to manage your trip. She also has a passion for sailing and a real enthusiasm for sharing this love if the sea and sailing with her guests. She is pleasant and welcoming, she loves cooking and surprising guests with her delicious appetisers.
The sail boat will be from may to october at Marina Ibiza G8.
May | June: 650€ per boat/day
July | August: 700€ per boat/day
September | October 650€ per boat/day
Minimum stay: two days including overnight
Entry to the boat from 10am on the first morning
Option to enter at 10pm the previous night
Exit from the boat at 7pm on the last evening
(21% VAT included)
If you wish to visit Fomenterra at night you must pay 125€ mooring fee
To book: a deposit of 50% of the total is required
Cancellation: If cancelled up to 15 days prior to the booking, all money will be refunded
what´s included?: Accomodation on the boat, mooring in Ibiza marina, hostess who will also complete all cooking and cleaning, bed linen and towels, lilos, snorkelling masks, gas-oil, zodiac with motor, ice and water. Full board when on the boat, meals and breakfasts in the port are not included. It is possible to spend two nights at sea, on the third day we must return to port to re-stock water, ice, clean and leave to eat dinner. The following day we can set sail again, depending on the days booked and the weather forecast. Gratuities are not included.
Sail boat El Virazón
El Virazon is a friendly, relaxing sailing ship, where all details have been taken care of, so you can travel in comfort and enjoy a nautical experience. All we ask is that you are open to adventure! It is the perfect place to spend time with good friends, try some sailing, and have a fabulous few days. Carmen will be on hand to ensure you have nothing to worry about and thoroughly enjoy the boat, the sea and the sun. We have something for everyone, try some sailing classes, relax on the lilos, maybe try some snorkelling…enjoy some of our mouth-watering food and wash it down with a cold beer or delicious lambrusco, have a swim as the sun is setting…you will make some amazing memories on your nautical experience in Ibiza and Formentera. All you need to bring is your imagination and we will supply the rest!
¿What do I need to bring?
A small case, if possible a holdall. Mobile chargers. Flip-flops for the shower, where possible, with white soles. Socks for night time on the boat, jacket, swim wear, comfortable clothing, clothing to wear out to dinner, BIODRAMINA CON CAFEINA. The most important thing to bring is your biggest smile and enthusiasm to enjoy all aspects of the adventure.
Things to remember
- When you first come aboard there will be time to sign the contract, tour the boat and unpack. Cases will them be stored in a locked car on the marina to provide as much space as possible on board.
- The port has luxury showers which are very clean and comfortable.
- If you arrive the evening before departure you can enjoy the city of Ibiza with its lovely fashion boutiques and restaurants. Carmen, your hostess, can provide recommendations and reservations.
- We must be lead by the weather. The route will be devised on the day of departure, depending on the weather, the number of days booked, and the activities planned. Carmen will always plan the best possible route.
- If it is impossible to sail we will take a car trip around the island of Ibiza (maximum 4 people). You can enjoy hidden Ibiza and depending on your budget and preferences Carmen can take you to a restaurant. This will be decided on the day.
Things not to bring on board
Pets, food, red wine and fish. Fish is not cooked on board, due to the smell, which remains for days.
When booking please provide details of any allergies or intolerances.
- After breakfast in Ibiza port, where you can enjoy fabulous views, we will set sail for Formenterra.
- If you would like to eat in a restaurant in Formenterra (not included in the price) Carmen can book for you. This excludes the restaurant ´Beso Beach’ which must be booked months in advance and with a credit card reservation. Should you wish to eat there we recommend booking when you book your trip with us. We recommend you choose the 4pm booking in order to enjoy the evening party there and at night in ‘Bluebar’. It would then be necessary to reserve a mooring in Formentera, at an additional cost of 125 €.
- It will take 2 hours to arrive at Formentera.
- We will spend one of the nights in Espalmadoro or Escalo, which are only accessible by boat. We will go to the beach, with cava, to enjoy the sunset and it´s magic. The second night will be spent in either Cala Saona or Espujols, depending on the wind.
Equipment available on board
- Wind equipment
- Electric windlass
- Engine with motor
- Tableware, bed linen and pillows
- Radio beacon
- Autopilot equipment
- GPS plotter, Radar
- Life boat
- Sun canopy
- Exterior cushions
- Electric fridge and portable ice box
- Automatic Identification System
- Radio CD player with sounding line
- Bath with overhead shower
what do we have available on-board?
- Each guest will have their own bed linen, pillow, blanket and a set of two different sized towels, in different colours.
- We have various sizes of plates, cups and glasses available
- Stainless steel cutlery
- Factor 50 sun cream
- Shower gel and shampoo
- First aid kit and paracetemol
- Clothes pegs
For the beach
- Two air mattresses which can be tied to the boat when it is anchored so you can swim, sunbathe or have a little ‘siesta’ in the water!
- Zodiac motor to allow us to anchor in the coves
- Snorkel masks to allow you to discover the beauty under the sea
- A large pashmina to use on the sand, as a shade or on the table???
- A portable ice box
Food on board
- Pasta (carbonara, spicy chorizo, with tuna, pasta salad etc)
- Chicken paella
- All types of salad
- Pork, chicken
- Spanish sausages
Various small spanish toast appetisers:
- Tomato with anchovy and ‘boqueron’
- Pineapple with ‘boqueron’ and oregano’
- Strawberries and anchovy
- Serrano ham and melon
- Tomato with cheese and oregano
- Turkey, pineapple, cheese and oregano
- And many more…
Various canapes including:
- Sobresada’ and honey
- Condensed milk and anchovy
- Blue cheese, ‘kikos’ and honey
- Philadelphia, nuts and honey
- Philadelphia and anchovy
- Salmon pate and pumpkin seeds
- Philadelphia, tuna and oregano
- Serrano ham pate and raisins
- Ratatouille and anchovy
- ‘Asadillo’ and seeds
- Garlic bread canapé with ‘zarangollo’
- Philadelphia, mustard, cooked ham and sweet peppers
- And many more…!
Drinks and Desserts:
- Marscapone cheese with strawberries and Brown sugar
- ‘Dulce de leche’ with banana
- Soft drinks
- Lambrusco and moscato wine
The port of Ibiza Marina
Ibiza Marina is the best port in Ibiza. It is, in fact, much more than just a port, it is a way of life! Situated right opposite the city of Ibiza, during the day it is a luxurious, dynamic hive of activity, in the evening it is the ideal place to chill out and relax, and by night, a fashionable spot to enjoy the breath-taking, illuminated views over the city.
‘Lio restaurant Club Cabaret’, part of the Pacha group, offers dining along with a live show by world famous performers.
‘Blue Marlin, Ibiza’ is an extension of the famous beach club. It is a popular meeting point serving delicious breakfasts, cocktails and champagne.
‘Calma Bistro’ has the best views from the port across the city of Ibiza. You are invited to relax over a leisurely breakfast, or dine at dusk and enjoy their mouth-watering Mediterranean cooking.
‘Cappucino Grand Café’ has views across the city of Ibiza and is the perfect place to relax with cocktails or dine on a meal of exquisite international cuisine whilst enjoying their famous ‘chill-out’ music.